Wednesday, November 4, 2009

We've Adopted!

Kadri, Maryanne's daughter, with Loup
Loup shakes a paw with Maryanne while Boudica has a sniff

I was so excited yesterday after we decided to adopt Loup (Balou). I know I drove my friends crazy. I don't think I've felt that way since I was ten. I've finally come off the ceiling and feel as normal as I can be. I did go shopping last night and did something I would normally never do. I shopped at Bark and Fitz for myself (for Balou). I got him a beautiful black leather leash, not that he'll care. Something I always wanted to get for Ben but never did. It's the celebration leash.

I think we'll call him Loup (silent 'p') so it's close to his old name. However, I'm sure his name will change yet again. They thought he was 3 years old, and then 2 but it seems he is even younger than that. He wanted to puppy play with Trickster when he met him, bum in the air. Trickster did the Clara and just looked at him like he was crazy. Don has pointed out how white his teeth are, and his chest still has to fill in.

You may sigh and groan but he bit an intruder in his former home. When they broke in, he went into protective mode and bit that intruder. Remember, it's okay that an intruder rape or burgle you but don't let your dog bite him to protect you. He has since passed temperament testing with flying colours so we're good to go.

He is safely in the hands of Maryanne where he is fitting in very nicely. He isn't big or well-bred but he is a sweetie pie. I wasn't sure on first meeting but after the second one, I had to have him. Maryanne is very sick so until she is able to bring Loup over to help him assimilate, he'll continue to stay with her.

He is very underweight but he is slowly gaining.

When he does get here, he's going to be confused and upset when Maryanne leaves. I feel very badly for him. It will take some time for him to warm up to us. He won't know why she left him here.

4 comments:

  1. He is a very lucky boy and you are very lucky new parents. We will miss him terribly. Maeve is also going to be heartbroken to lose his newest playmate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It means we just have to do more dog walks. Balou will miss her, too. When Don takes him to the office there is another dog there who likes to play so I hope that works out. I would like to get another Pyr at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats. I couldn't be happier for our special angel and don't tell me you want another dog!! I'll be on the hunt!! heheheh
    Hugz xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not immediately. We'll let JB get into the groove and then...only then, if another beautiful Pyr (female, I think, too many males otherwise) comes along (I'm not going to look, really, I'm not) and I can convince Don, so be it. I think JB will need a full-time buddy. Don always brings up this 'how are we going to travel thing' but I think we can work around it : )

    ReplyDelete