Monday, November 9, 2009

Good Guard Dog




As you can see from the photos, Trickster and Ben play quite well. Until Trickster has had enough at which point he gnashes his teeth and tries to get Loup to stop.

I was upstairs Friday night. Loup was downstairs when he barked. I heard Don's car and then Don coming in and Loup barked again. It seems he started to run towards Don in an aggressive manner but as soon as he realized it was Don, he stopped. Thank goodness for that. That had me pretty worried because I want people to be able to come to the door and into the house without him attacking.

My concern was soon appeased as Don and I were eating. Jim came to the door but Loup didn't even lift his head until I got up to let Jim in. Loup came over with me and was sociable. Wheww!!

We did a hike-in in the Gats Saturday with Daniel and Eileen. All was well until Don came through the hut door with a load of wood and Loup started growling. Don put the wood down and Loup was fine when he saw it was Don. I think it was the size Don took on with the wood and he couldn't see it was Don.

Then, on the hike back to the car, Daniel walked Loup on a short leash. I suggested putting him a long rope. I tied that to him and we started walking again except Loup wasn't on the end of the rope. I guess I hadn't tied it properly. I ran after Loup, panicking, yelling all the commands he knew. He soon stopped and turned around, waiting for me. What a good boy!! I thought I'd be spending the night in the Park looking for Loup.

He has been a good boy. Well, except for the Pyr fight at Sue's. We were all enjoying a beautiful Sunday morning, eating Sue-made mouth-watering blueberry/lemon scones and gooey, lovely cinnamon buns when all hell broke loose. There was Apollo, Boscoe and Loup in a fury of white hair attacking each other. I'm told Loup was at the bottom of the heap. It all started with Lucy humping Apollo (they are buddies) and I guess this got the young fellas in a turmoil.

Brave Mark managed to grab Loup, I kept Apollo from going back in and someone else had Boscoe. Loup was relegated to MA's van and piece was retored. Poor Loup. I've decided to have him neutered sooner than later. See the title on the right column, Sunday Morning at Sue's, to see more photos of our outing.

Tonight, we went for a walk in the Farm. I put the long rope on him and let him run. He was well-taught at some point and it seems to me also well-loved. Perhaps it's just that poor Ben was just so damaged any dog would be better than Ben. If that's the case, then Loup is any dog and we love him. He just loves to run. He may be a great hogger. Time will tell. I also want to cart with him but I'll have to wait until he fills in so I can order a properly fitting harness.

No comments:

Post a Comment