Thursday, November 5, 2009

He's Wonderful


Sue arrived at 5:00ish and helped Maryanne when she arrived with Loup. He trotted right in and immediately investigated the house. We celebrated with a great bottle of wine, Bon Courage. A bottle I received on my birthday from our good friend, Renée. It was an occasion well worth celebrating.

While I write this blog, Loup is asleep on our bed, apparently quite content. Maryanne gave him an excellent start on his new life and he is so happy and grateful for that. I did put a bed in our closet but Loup had a quick search of that and went for our bed instead.

I went out for a bunch of minutes and left Loup with him. Don said Loup was wary of him which worries me a little. I gave him (Don not Loup) a pocket full of good treats to endear Loup to him. Don discovered Loup had peed on Clara/Trickster’s bed so I’ll have to get the new bed from that popular store, Costco.

I just took him for a long walk as he started pacing. He only peed. We met up with another nice lady and her Australian Shepherd. That didn’t go well. Her dog growled and then set Loup (I had Ben’s name in there) off growling and leaping. Then we saw a bunny. Good thing Loup doesn’t weight much right now. He seems fairly fit, too.

I think he has settled into the bed downstairs. I’m sure he’ll be back up. Ah, he's downstairs eating.

2 comments:

  1. The vet said that he would / should start being a bit more dominant over the next few weeks, as he felt more comfortable and confident. The peeing was likely a dominant thing. I am surprised that he growled and leaped at the other dog - but it might well have been in play. Bulder was a dominant ass to him, and he still played, jumped over him and generally was perfect. He looks so cute on your bed. Auz doesn't want dogs in bed with us, so my girls only get to come in when he's away (shhhh ... don't tell him ... )

    Maeve is depressed by Loup's absence. Loup has been with us only a week but we feel his absence. Give it some time. Of course he is wary. What a 8 days it has been for the poor guy!

    BTW, the Cosco beds, even the bedding part, can be washed.

    Good luck and much love, MA and family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clara had peed on the bed before (couldn't get up). We washed it but I would guess the scent is still there. Loup may have wanted to play but the other dog wasn't having it.

    Poor Maeve. Loup will be thrilled, I'm sure. Trickster will come in this afternoon but he's not a player. We'll see her Saturday. It's only been a week you had him!! It seems like a lot longer. A good walk on Sunday at Sue's will be great. They can play there, too.

    Thank you, MA. We love Loup. Love from Loup and Us

    ReplyDelete